Saturday, May 30, 2009

All creatures great and small!

It was bright and sunny this morning and in a moment of weakness I had said to my husband last night that I would cut the back grass. I was mad totally and completely but I am a woman of my word so out I went this morning ready to take on our very tall grass. My husband set everything up so all I had to do was strap my little one, on to my back and away I went. We however met a new neighbour to us and that was our local friendly Possum. They are meant to sleep during the day but this one was just having a look around before slowly retreating under the shed for it's sleep. I am getting more and more amazed my the wildlife around here. So far we have had Peter the rabbit and Charlie the chipmunk and now (hmmmmmm..... a name???) Twila the Possum. Who knows how many rabbits and chipmunks we truly have but for pointing out purposes we just have the one. Anyway the grass is now cut and my little guy fell asleep on my back and has been now transfered to his crib where he sleeps still. I am hoping for not too much longer as I need to also go and get some shopping done.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Critters are so fun when you have children to enjoy them! And I love your creative names. I may have to steal the idea of naming them...