Monday, June 2, 2008

I'm a big boy now!

OK he hasn't managed to potty train himself at 2 months. Oh how I wish he had after the explosion we had this morning, but I digress as that is a whole story all on its own that maybe should not be shared with all. Well he is a big boy because over the last few night my little one has slept in his own room. The first night I didn't sleep as I lay there wondering if I would really hear his cry on the monitor. Also I waited for the cry for the 1am feed and it never came so I lay there wide awake till about 5 in the morning trying to re sure myself he had not died in the night until I heard those first few cries on the monitor. The following night again he took his last feed at 9.30 but for some reason then became wide a wake for all to see. Everyone else says they can nurse their child to sleep not me. He is bolt wide awake after the evening feed. So although he went from 10pm to 5.30am without a feed he was wide awake and grinning until 12.30 am. But last night the magical event happened. My little one fell asleep after 30 minutes of coaching but no crying at 10pm and woke at 5.10am. I had over 5 hours of sleep everyone, I almost feel human again. Now I know this may not happen again tonight but I pray that it does and it gives me hope that it can and will happen again at some point in the future.

No comments: