Tuesday, February 2, 2010

All in the timing

The other day I was reading Exodus 2. It is a chapter that I have read many times before. I have even completed studies on it. This time as I read it again I was hit by the fact that God is in control of timing. I know this but it really hit me again. God has a plan, he saved Moses. However Moses wanted to do things by himself which in turn lead to someone dying. Many people I know have ssaid how they wish they where like the men and women of the old testamanet but I feel we need to look at who they truly were. Sure God used them and did amazing things through them but at the end of they day they were flawed humans. Moses was murderer. I do not want to be one of those. Moses had all the right intentions but he needed to wait for God. God has a plan. Everything will turn out right in his timing and not ours. It will also be through his glory rather than any other beings. As God challenges me on my use of time and doing things when I should not, worrying about things when I have no control and doing nothing when I am doing something I need to remember that God has the timing of my life down. As long as I listen to him everything will go according to plan.

No comments: