Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thumbs and 3.30am

My darling little one had a beast of a day yesterday. He missed naps and refused to sleep leaving himself over tired and one cranky baby. I have to confess by the end of the day I was tired. Especially at then moment as the sleeping through the night has stopped and we are back to the 3.30am feeds. Once fed he quickly goes back to sleep, however I am the one left tossing and turning. I was thinking that maybe I would not introduce any type of solid food until 6 months but the temptation to start near the 4 month mark if he sleeps longer is looking very appealing. I guess I will just have to wait and see.

But on a more happier not we have decided that the thumb is the thing to suck. We tried the dummy (pacifier to the USA) and he was having none of it. It had barley hit his month before it was spat out in disgust, so the thumb it is. I am looking on the side of he will never lose his thumb and praying it won't be a bad habit to break.

I can't believe that next week my little one will have hit that 4 month mark. Looking back at those earlier photos I can't believe he was ever that tiny. And even though at times I am questioning my sanity and my ability to do this huge task of raising this amazing boy, I feel truly blessed by God that he is hear. This morning at 6.15 am when those feed me noises crept over the monitor and I dragged my tired body into his room to feed I was greeted by smiles and giggles and I realised that it is all worth it and I would do it all again without a seconds thought.

No comments: