Saturday, July 5, 2008

Independence Day

Well my little one has had his first independence day. I have to say I view it different to many Americans (I guess due to the fact I am not American). America say hooray we are no longer under British power and us Brits say Hooray we are no longer responsible for America. Now we can be friends with no burden of commitment etc.

We all set off for friends after only one false start of a small explosion but that is another matter. We had a lovely evening where my little one happy sat and stared at all around and got the amount of attention he feels he deserves. We then went off to see some fireworks by the time we reached the field my sweet baby was asleep and he even managed to to stay asleep for the first few bangs but then he was awake. Wide eyed he stared at the flashes of colour which lit up the night sky. He was totally entranced by the magic. I have a feeling he takes after my side of the family after all with this love of firework displays.

And so we came home late and not on schedule but hey who needs that after a day of thrills, I am sure my little one had amazing dreams last night.

No comments: