Saturday, September 6, 2008

To the Rescue.......

I can't believe that my little boy is now over 5 months old. Part of me feels like it was only yesterday he entered this world, yet there is another part that can't really remember him not being here. Our lives have pretty much fallen into a happy pattern of going out to see people, playing and sleeping, as well attending church and its various activities. Today as the tail end of hurricane Hanna hits our region (I think it is now just a bad storm) I feel truly blessed to be a mum. For the first time my little one has taken a nap in his crib for over an hour. It has been strange that he will not nap well in his crib as at night he sleeps without an issue and is now lasting until 7am.

We have now a new addition to our weekly events and that is we are off to the rescue.... a horse rescue that is. I am finally beginning to get my horse fix in, which in many ways makes me feel a little more human. I have a friend that comes with me as currently I really can't do much with my boy strapped to my front. I have purchase a Ergo carrier which I love. Soon I will be able to strap him to my back and then there will be no stopping me. I truly hope that my boy will come to enjoy these trips as much as I, and who knows at some point in the future maybe there will be a little four legged friend that neighs for him to play with.

No comments: